Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Irish Soda Bread

Nicole sent me the Joy of Cooking recipe, but then I forgot to bring it home from work, one thing led to another, and I ended up using Martha's (from the Martha Stewart Baking Handbook)!

Irish soda bread is one of my favorite things to eat, but I've never actually made it before. I don't know why! It was so easy, almost like making buttermilk biscuits. I wish everything had caraway seeds in it. I might get this shirt.

Anyway, here are my pics!

Irish Soda Bread dough

Irish Soda Bread

Irish Soda Bread

Even Martha's recipe takes zero time to put together, and I have a hunk of it wrapped in wax paper sitting here at work waiting for me to slather butter on it and eat it. My Irish grandmother would be very proud, then again, I don't ever remember eating this at her house. Actually, I lived in Ireland for six months in college, and I realized (and maybe I'm alone here) that most Irish food is kind of gross. If this is inauthentic, then, I'm not going to complain about it. It is too delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment