Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Schiacciata con l'uva! Focaccia with Concord Grapes!






Hello! Here's my recipe for October. I know it's not very Halloweenish, but it is a traditional fall recipe for the Tuscans. And since we had such a mild start to October, you might still be able to find some yummy concord grapes around. What I like most about this recipe is that it's both savory and sweet!






I found this recipe at Epicurious and since it was my first time making dough (EVER!)I pretty much followed the recipe to a T.

Here are my slight adjustments/obstacles:
1. all I had in the house was a 6 month opened bottle of merlot (but it worked fine!)
2. I searched Philadelphia up and down and never found the elusive "00" flour, but I did mix half cake and half all-purpose flour and still got the crispy crust!
3. If you can seed the grapes prior to baking it would be great! My grapes were too ripe and were losing all their juices. But it was a real bummer to spit out the seeds while enjoying the bread.
4. Eat fresh out of the oven...it's best when hot and crispy!
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment