Hiya, I am DOTMC's newest and final member...as this is our last year. Sad to see it go just when I just got on board, but happy for the bit of the club that I've gotten to enjoy. So this is my one big shot to submit a dessert for your eating pleasure!
A chef friend of mine from New Zealand introduced me to the yumminess known as a Posset. Certainly not daring to ask him for his recipe, I searched the interwebs and found several recipes for it which are practically identical.
And what's great about this dessert is it's quick, easy, impressive, and very tasty.
Introducing...The Lemon Posset!
10 oz. (or 300 mls.) cream
2/3 C. sugar
Juice of 1-2 lemons
1. Put cream into a small saucepan and add sugar.
2. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring all the time to dissolve the sugar.
3. Once it comes to the boil, let simmer for 3 minutes, still stirring all the time.
4. Remove pan from heat and pour in the juice of 1 lemon, stirring as you do - it should start to thicken instantly.
5. Give it a taste and add more lemon juice if it is not tart/tangy enough.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then pour into small glasses or ramekins.
7. Cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
Serve with a spot of raspberry puree or a dessert biscuit. Serves 4.