Sunday, March 15, 2009

ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES



I have never been into peanut butter cookies. I know I am a weirdo but all throughout my life, I passed on the ones with the Hershey kiss in the center and steered clear of the classic fork tined cookies. Recently a co worker brought in some peanut butter cookies without the tines, and with such a toothy, chewy and dense texture I had to make some at home. I wanted to try almond butter as, like I said, straight Peanut Butter and I are not so into each other...

Almond Butter cookies.
These could be made vegan easily, by using an egg replacer.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (I used vegan buttery sticks)
1/2 cup almond butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugars to butter and beat one or two min. Add almond butter and egg. Slowly and in parts beat in the flour mixture.
Refrigerate a few hours.
Preheat oven to 375 and roll into 1 inch balls and roll into course sugar. Bake, keeping your eye on them for 12-15 minutes. Stay closer to 12 if you want them chewy.

No comments:

Post a Comment