Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cake-POPS! rock!







Hey! I haven't been in much of a baking/dessert mood after the holiday push. But I did mean to make these for V-Day and since I was too sick then, I made them for Kelly and Richard's visit this weekend.
I found this recipe a while back drooling over pics on
TasteSpotting and have wanted to make them ever since. Here is the link to the recipe on Bakerella's blog.
It's pretty easy if you use a box mix for the red velvet cake. Bake the cake, let it cool, crumble and mix with a can of cream cheese icing. Roll into balls, lay onto cookie sheet and poke lollipop sticks into them and freeze for a lil bit. Melt your colored candies or chocolate and dip! yum!

I think I'm quickly turning into the gimmicky dessert maker in this club...

No comments:

Post a Comment