Sunday, December 16, 2007

English Muffins



Oh man, do you want something impressive to make? And do you have a day or two to spare? English muffins are your answer, friend. By some strange luck, I found both Rose Levy Beranbaum's Bread Bible and Cake Bible used for amazing prices at different stores in the same month. I'd never made one of her recipes before, but something about the way she writes them is so detailed and comforting. It inspires confidence.



Anyway, I've been wanting to try making English muffins (it's part of my recent infatuation with the founding fathers) (as you might have guessed if you got my DOTMC card) (don't ask). So I followed her instructions and got perfect results.



It is the longest and most detailed recipe ever, so I won't reproduce it here, but if you feel so inclined, pick up the Bread Bible. Here are some pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment